Take Our Short Survey
The Utah Association for Adult, Community and Continuing Education (UAACCE) Board is interested in what you think about this organization. Please take a few minutes to complete this short survey. We will use your responses to continue to provide an organization that best fits the needs of the adult educator in Utah. Thank you!
2014 UAACCE ANNUAL CONFERENCE
October 23-25, 2014
Dixie State University, St. George, Utah
About the Conference:
Thursday, October 23, 2014, 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
Friday, October 24, 2014, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
$150 - Early Bird Registration $125 (SAVE $25. Register by September 30, 2014)
Granite Peaks is helping manage the registration for the conference. Register and follow the link in the column for UAACCE to the right. If you register by September 30, the discounted rate of $125 will show up in the cart before you check out.
UAACCE has a discounted rate at the St. George Inn & Suites, 1221 S Main St, St. George. Double rooms are two queens at $69.99, and there are some suites available at $84.99. Costs do not include taxes and fees. Call 435-673-6661 by October 1, and mention UAACCE to get the discount. Limited number of rooms available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Golfing (optional pre-conference event):
Golf is set up at the gorgeous Ledges Golf Course. The start time is 12:30 pm on Thursday, October 23. Eighteen Holes will cost $45.
Contact Tracy Moore. Count of participants needed by Monday, October 20.
UAACCE has awarded $6,500 for resiliency projects and $5,000 for service learning projects proposed
for projects submitted in response to a recent Request for Proposals. Grants have been awarded to the following:
Resiliency Grants Awarded (Resiliency RFP):
- South Park Academy - Resiliency Training for Staff & Inmates ($2,900)
- United Way of Northern Utah - Resiliency Training for Community Leaders ($2,700)
- Zada Haws Community Grant Center - Equipment Upgrades for Resiliency Support ($900)
- Grounds For Coffee - Ogden Community Garden Project ($2,330)
- South Park Academy - Inmate Literacy Training ($1,280)
- United Way of Northern Utah - After School Service Learning Clubs ($920)
- Dixie Community Education - Dixie Community Education Center Remodel ($500)